Data Scientist - Innovation & Responsible Investment Platform
Your experience and skills:
- 5-10 years relevant experience;
- Degree in Statistics / Econometrics /Mathematics or similar (PhD an advantage);
- Software engineer with quantitative finance experience or quant analyst with database experience;
- Advanced skills in data integration and engineering;
- Practical knowledge of dimensional modeling techniques;
- Programming skills (t-SQL, C#, R an advantage).
- Micro services design;
- Cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure;
- Big data techniques, such as Spark or machine learning.
- Problem analysis and judgement;
- Strong communicative skills;
- Leadership qualities;
- Broad interest and knowledge of the latest relevant developments;
- Professionalism/ Expertise/ Market focus;
- Customer focus.
Our client is an insurer and investment manager operating in more than 18 countries with a strong presence in a number of European countries and Japan. They have more than 17 million customers, are listed on Euronext Amsterdam and employ around 15,000 people. Their head office is located in The Hague.
The organisation offers pension services, insurance, investment and banking products to private individuals, the SME sector and large corporate and institutional customers. They offer financial solutions via intermediaries and banks, as well as to the customers directly. They aim to make financial services more personal and relevant for their customers. The organisation wants to make a real difference. This is why they encouragee their staff to show initiative and take responsibility.
Meet your team
This vacancy is located within a team of 11 investment professionals consisting of data engineers, data scientists, and responsible investing advisors. Within this platform you will be part of the whole team, where your focus is on the very important data related aspects of investing. Location of the team is the Hague.