Medior Data Science Consultant Insurance
Our client supports insurers with the operational migration of millions of policies. They prevent mistakes that have a big impact on the future of insurers. Their goal is to help insurers to make their processes more efficient and use their data and complex models more effective. To make this happen we implement diverse solutions, as much as possible in an automated way.
As Data Science Consultant you’ll work on varying projects which involve multiple clients in the insurance market. You recognize the challenges of the client and use your knowledge in modelling to find the right solution. Not only do you think in solutions, you also apply them. You develop insurance models, but can also challenge colleagues when it comes to existing models and techniques. Of course you’ll always work closely together with other exports of their team.
Besides, they want to embed data science at insurers by implementing a new way of working. For example with a platform that always provides the latest version of data and models to actuaries. You help building our ambition to make this the next big thing.
Concluding, this function will immediately give you a lot of responsibilities within the insurance team of this company. You’ll work with (big) data, statistical models and the latest techniques. It is a chance to make insurers more effective and modern, so that they are also ready for the future.
Besides having experience in (large) databases and experience with customer contact, you also have the following characteristics:
• Medior level; at least two years of working experience
• Experience with life insurance methodology
• Experience in Python
• Experience with databases (f.e. MySQL, SQL server, etc.)
• Empathy - you can think with the client about possibilities and the added value of our techniques
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficiency in English & Dutch
Nice to haves:
• Title Actuary (AAG)
• Experience with non-life insurance methodology (e.g. health care, damage)
• Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA, etc.
Our client consists of a team of data scientists, developers and engineers with a passion for data. Their primary goal is to deliver innovative and understandable insights to grow our clients. To achieve this, they deploy the online platform developed by themselves.
They focus on the following sectors:
• Retail & E-commerce
• Real Estate
• Public Sector
This is what you get in return
• Freedom and responsibility within your job
• A dynamic and inspiring work environment
• Good salary
• Profit share
• Possibility of training and coaching
• A fun, highly educated and driven team