Senior Analyst Merchandising
About The Opportunity
This role is an integral part of the Merchandising Analytics team, with a key responsibility to deliver Retail Pricing solutions to clients. The successful incumbent in this role will have relevant Retail industry experience with thorough understanding of statistical and econometric modeling solutions in merchandising analytics applications. They will understand the business needs of a B2B, retailer or FMCG client as well as the appropriate analytical approaches to merchandising problems encountered by these clients. The (Sr.) Analyst, Merchandising will report to the Associate Director, Client Analytics.
• Implement outcomes of advanced statistical and econometric models of the merchandising mix. Provide analytical consulting on best practices and approaches
• Interpret, document, present and communicate analytical results to multiple business disciplines, by providing conclusions and recommendations based on transactional data. The (Sr.) Analyst, Merchandising will be an internal expert in advanced analytics capabilities
• Drives and implements automation of the client delivery process from modelling outputs to implementable business recommendations
• Work closely with clients and internal analytical teams as a vital linking-pin between Client needs and the Precima modeling solutions. Develop methodology and implement analysis that enables more profitable pricing and promotion decisions
• Take analytical objectives and define data requirements. Extract, clean, and transform customer and item level data for purposes of analysis, and reporting. Turn data into insights
• Master's Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science
• Minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience in data processing, marketing or merchandising analytics and modelling
• Experience in Pricing and Promotion related analytics is preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of Visio and Access Proficiency in SQL; R, SAS or Python is preferred
About our client
This company applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, their experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs.
Our client tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long - term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights.
Our client’s roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by first-hand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, this team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions.