Sr. Data Engineer
Our client is a leading Dutch independent buy-to-let and commercial real estate lending business, with knowledge of the national, regional and local real estate markets. Our client has the strong ambition to expand their business through organic growth and selective portfolio acquisitions to develop a market leading lending business. With private equity backing and a good competitive position our client has an excellent growth perspective.
While this company has a well established business, the company is young and keeps an open, flexible culture.
They just finished a two year data warehouse migration project, and now they want to effectively leverage their existing data library, while also disclosing valuable new sources. This means building future proof data structures to give the organization a solid evidence base for strategic decision making, alongside supporting agile operational decisions..
The Business Control and Analytics team (7 FTE) sits at the centre of the company working closely with treasury, risk, commercial and operations teams to perform value-added analysis to help drive the business, as well as developing reporting and tools to underpin the business monitoring and processes. The team has experienced data scientists, business controllers and 1 senior data engineer. Since our client is an agile and flexible organization, people within this team have a wide range of tasks.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Look into new data sources, preferable building the pipelines.
- Work with Data Scientists and Analysts to maximize value from the data warehouse, and operationalize new analytics;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery;
- 50% tech 50% business facing
- Own the full stack of data operations for the company:
- pipelines for new data
- data processing
- data disclosure (maintaining reporting/analysis tables, regular reports to shareholders and funders)
- Work with IT Change to ensure the impact on the data warehouse is fully considered in changes to the company's IT architecture.
- Partnering up with the business
What do you bring to the table?
- 5+ years’ experience in data platform management or engineering
- Msc Degree in a mathematical background
- Experience in credit-based business is a pre
- Strong affinity and preferably knowledge of the financial field
- Exceptional SQL and SSIS skills
- Azure experienced
- Python knowledge is a pre
- Business sense: confidence and independence enough to question things the way they are (find out the question behind the question)
- EU only
- Fluency in English
- An ambitious team in an informal and non-hierarchal organization that is constantly evolving;
- A friendly atmosphere with colleagues who support each other.
- A workplace at an easily accessible location next to the station of Utrecht (WTC), with an impressive view of the city;
- Modern and good employee benefits, such as unlimited leave;
- Autonomy and support to do your work and to develop yourself;
- Start-up environment
- A bar with karaoke set, table tennis and table football;